May '21 - Membership & Virtual Event Info May 12, 2021 15:11:55 GMT -5
Post by Jopper13 on May 12, 2021 15:11:55 GMT -5
== IMPORTANT UPDATE ==
Due to the state of the COVID-19 situation, we are not having an in-person LARP event and instead will be doing a virtual encounter.
== DATE & TIME ==
Monday, May 17th
- Resources & Organization Action Deadlines
- PC/NPC Involvement Deadline (See below)
== MEMBERSHIP INFO==
***Due to the event itself being cancelled, all players who sign up for a Basic, Standard, or Premium memberships will automatically be awarded the +2 bonus attendance exp.
MEMBERSHIP UPDATES AND EXP BOOSTS
Due to the Covid-19 situation, we have decided to do the following:
1) Continue offering CLOUT as a special Perk option that is available to everyone as one of the membership perks.
2) Expand on the +2 bonus Attendance exp for Standard and Premium memberships to reflect on the events that would have had multiple days (on top of the base exp offered by each membership).
3) Add a “tiered exp bonus” based on the chosen membership of the month. Basic will give another +1, Standard +2, and Premium a +3 bonus. This is IN ADDITION to the Exp awarded by the membership AND the bonus attendance exp we are offering.
For example, in May:
-Basic membership will award 6 exp (3 base + 2 attendance + 1 tier bonus)
-Standard will award 7 exp (3 base + 2 attendance + 2 tier bonus)
-Premium will award 11 exp (6 base + 2 attendance + 3 tier bonus)
Click here to pay for your membership services for May!
Click here to sign-up for the Optional May PC/NPC Virtual Event Encounters!
*NOTE: Signing up a PC to get involved in one of the encounters available DOES require a membership to do so:
- Basic allows involvement as an NPC role/group as dictated by what is currently going on in the story
- Standard allows 1 PC to focus on 1 option (or NPC option, as above)
- Premium allows up to 2 PCs to focus on 2 options (different or the same, or NPC option, as above).
To clarify, you may focus on 2 options. Either with 1 PC taking both option slots, or 2 PCs splitting the options slots
== STORY INFO & SPECIAL MECHANICS ==
While most of Mardrun is abuzz with rumors and gossip about the seafaring voyage to the north, other topics circulate the taverns and marketplaces where people congregate. Most of it is small localized things, but some "ghost stories" have circulated around some mysterious happenings in Clan Ironmound. It appears that the addled ramblings of a few have found their way to many who ponder their true origins. By the end of the month, it is well known that a collaborative effort against the organized banditry in former Rivherhead territory is well underway.
Coastal Expedition: Part 2 of 3
After a long month of sailing and collecting reports from locals the expedition has finally located the mysterious Aldorian ship beached on a reef off the shore of a beach in the north, surrounded by other wrecked ships, mostly Ulven fishing vessels, but a few longships as well. From a distance there was no movement aboard the Aldorian ship, though a scout with a spyglass did note that many of their dinghies had been launched. A few rowboats were found in the area, though no one can be certain they came from the Aldorian vessel. A camp was quickly established on the beach and supply lines were developed to send ships back to Colonial lands to bring more expedition forces and supplies. These ships carried with them rumors of shipwrecks and tensions between some of the Newhope crew and the volunteer expedition teams. The air of lively hope within the colonial lands has gradually waned into a sense of nervous tension.
Back at the camp plans are quickly devised to send a crew of researchers to the beached ship to see if they can find any evidence of where the crew may have gone. At the same time a retinue of scouts will take a portion of the martial forces and travel inland in an attempt to pick up any trails that the Aldorian sailors may have left. The remaining logistical and martial supporters will stay at the camp and make sure things are primed and ready for the return of the expeditions and, with hope, the crew of the beached Aldorian Ship.
Lieutenant Commander Aeral Langsford of the Newhope Expeditionary force takes a moment to thank the volunteers who have joined the expedition with special thanks given to the Rangers of New Vandregon who have sent a very large contingent of support that dwarfs the rest of the organized supporters. This thanks is followed by one for The Ravens of Keys Crossing. An Aldorian sailor also seizes on this moment to chime in and give thanks to the Blades of Sol and the Phoenix of Fire Isle. Sharp ears would note a series of audible groans throughout the Newhope forces at the mention of The Phoenix. It seems their revelrous evening activities have started to wear on some of the more gruff sailors.
The Lieutenant clears her throat to retake control of the discussion and continues on her point. She explains that while the incredible logistic support has been very beneficial, there is a distinct lack of volunteers on the research teams. Lieutenant Langsford puts forth a request that any of the logistic volunteers who possess the appropriate skills to consider joining the research teams so that they may operate at a level approaching the well-oiled nature of the logistics team.
Throughout the month additional ships are chartered to bring more expedition forces to the North to aid in the tasks at hand.
= MEMBERSHIP VIRTUAL ENCOUNTER SPECIAL MECHANICS =
1) Optional PC/NPC Involvement Encounter and Deadline
Players this month have some options to get involved in the current story line if they so choose. This DOES require Standard or Premium memberships for PCs to be involved; Basic memberships allow an NPC involvement.
A Basic membership allows a player to be involved as an NPC group as dictated by the story surrounding the event. This will not have a tremendous impact but is still a great way to be involved!
A Standard membership allows a player to involve ONE PC/NPC in ONE option.
A Premium membership allows a player to involve ONE PC/NPC in TWO options, ONE PC/NPC in ONE option twice for a boost, -OR- TWO PCs/NPCs in up to TWO options total.
You simply sign up via the link above and detail out which PCs are involved and what their "focus" is.
The options available are:
1) COASTAL EXPEDITION: PART 2 OF 3: This encounter focuses on the continued efforts of the expedition to the north along the coastline towards the Outlands. This will be split up into a few different "focus areas" such as security, scouting, research, support & coordination. The more player involvement in this encounter, the larger the return and impact to this angle of the story. In addition, each "area of focus" will have more information or expanded impact based on the encounters chosen and supported by the players.
2) PLAYER DRIVEN/FOCUSED CHOICE: This optional encounter is available for players to focus on something other than the provided story encounters. Examples could be continuing a previous month's option, focusing on using trades solely to make money, organizing a surgery for a maimed character, or focusing on another personal story to a PC or group not involved in this month's encounters. Please ask for help/clarification before choosing this option.
These stories will carry over month to month and will evolve, expand, or drop off based on player involvement.
The deadline for this involvement is Monday, May 17th.
Players who assist their involvement with the encounter with Resources or Organization actions will make a significantly larger impact on their PCs involvement; whether that be more impactful or more profitable.
At the end of the month, we will release a story narrative detailing out how the story progresses.