October '20 Membership & Virtual Event Info: Clan Ironmound Oct 15, 2020 10:39:34 GMT -5
Post by Jopper13 on Oct 15, 2020 10:39:34 GMT -5
== IMPORTANT UPDATE ==
Due to the state of the COVID-19 situation, we have cancelled the October LARP event.
Instead, we are doing some online options for player involvement with their PCs based on current storyline.
== DATE & TIME ==
Wednesday , October 21st
- Resources & Organization Action Deadlines
- PC/NPC Involvement Deadline (See below)
== MEMBERSHIP INFO==
***Due to the event itself being cancelled, all players who sign up for a Basic, Standard, or Premium memberships will automatically be awarded the +2 bonus attendance exp.
MEMBERSHIP UPDATES AND EXP BOOSTS
Due to the Covid-19 situation, we have decided to do the following:
1) Continue offering CLOUT as a special Perk option that is available to everyone as one of the membership perks.
2) Expand on the +2 bonus Attendance exp for Standard and Premium memberships to reflect on the events that would have had multiple days (on top of the base exp offered by each membership).
3) Add a “tiered exp bonus” based on the chosen membership of the month. Basic will give another +1, Standard +2, and Premium a +3 bonus. This is IN ADDITION to the Exp awarded by the membership AND the bonus attendance exp we are offering.
For example, in September:
-Basic membership will award 6 exp (3 base + 2 attendance + 1 tier bonus)
-Standard will award 9 exp (3 base + 4 attendance + 2 tier bonus)
-Premium will award 13 exp (6 base + 4 attendance + 3 tier bonus)
Click here to pay for your membership services for October!
Click here to sign-up for the Optional October PC/NPC Involvement Encounters!
*NOTE: Signing up a PC to get involved in one of the encounters available DOES require a membership to do so:
- Basic allows involvement as an NPC role/group as dictated by what is currently going on in the story
- Standard allows 1 PC to focus on 1 option (or NPC option, as above)
- Premium allows up to 2 PCs to focus on 2 options (different or the same, or NPC option, as above).
To clarify, you may focus on 2 options. Either with 1 PC taking both option slots, or 2 PCs splitting the options slots
== STORY INFO & SPECIAL MECHANICS ==
After a second month of considerable focus and support for the villagers and people of Clan Ironmound, the recovery efforts continue at an impressive rate. Work crews finish their tasks ahead of schedule, with less injuries and fatigue and better management and use of supplies and food. For all intents and purposes, the recovery effort is a resounding success. Clan Ironmound leadership has actually put out a call for an organized break this month, both to celebrate the success of the recovery efforts but also to plan on what to do next. The most pressing and dire issues were tackled head on, with vigor, and by both locals and traveling outsiders. Several feasts and social events are being planned to celebrate and allow travelers a chance to socialize or take some needed downtime.
The bandits in the area were dealt a crippling blow to their operational abilities. An aggressive armed patrol last month was able to track down the main bandit camp and a short but vicious fight took place. With a number of bandits dead and the rest of them driven off, it would be difficult for the bandits to coordinate anything substantial in the new few months. While the main bandit camp was attacked, another group apparently decided it was a opportune moment to hit Clan Ironmound villages on the border and to raid The Pass. Luckily, defenders were left back to continue patrols and a second intense fight took place. These bandits were also driven back or defeated.
Clan Ironmound leadership, at first apprehensive on the subject, have made the decision to allow teams to be gathered and to be taken to help them study the uncovered Lorespeaker cache. The few voices that approached them on this subject over the last few months, and their decision's to heed their feedback, were wise in doing so. There is now a great opportunity for those seeking knowledge. Based on previous encounters surrounding uncovered Lorespeaker caches, the statement that Clan Ironmound is ready to accept help in opening the cache has very likely made it to the ears of those that would like to see the contents remain buried. The extent of what could be uncovered is unknown but now the door is open for those willing to help.
= MEMBERSHIP VIRTUAL ENCOUNTER SPECIAL MECHANICS =
1) Optional PC/NPC Involvement Encounter and Deadline
Players this month have some options to get involved in the current story line if they so choose. This DOES require Standard or Premium memberships for PCs to be involved!
A Basic membership allows a player to be involved as an NPC group as dictated by the story surrounding the event. This will not have a tremendous impact but is still a great way to be involved!
A Standard membership allows a player to involve ONE PC/NPC in ONE option.
A Premium membership allows a player to involve ONE PC/NPC in TWO options, ONE PC/NPC in ONE option twice for a boost, -OR- TWO PCs/NPCs in up to TWO options total.
You simply sign up via the link above and detail out which PCs are involved and what their "focus" is.
The options available are:
1) DOWNTIME RECOVERY/ACTION: With a scheduled break, there is now ample time for travelers and merchants to focus on their own wants and needs. This is a generic catch-up option for having a PC/NPC focus on something other than the provided story encounters. You can choose to rest, heal wounds, and repair damaged equipment -OR- you can choose another option that requires focus, such as expanding on some background Resources efforts or receiving or participating in a player-coordinated Trade:Surgery or Trade:Instructor activity. Please put details in the description!
2) CELEBRATE AND SOCIALIZE: With recovery efforts progressing so well and a break being announced, Clan Ironmound is holding a few feasts for those that helped and to allow people a chance to rest. Travelers will come and go, people will return to their homes, and local Chieftains can plan on what to do next. This option allows you to participate in the social scene and has a great chance to uncover more information on what is going on and to obtain rumors from loose-lipped travelers. The larger the effort to celebrate and socialize, the greater the chance for more information to be uncovered for every PC/NPC that focuses on this encounter.
3) CONTINUE WITH ARMED PATROLS OF THE PASS: After the bandits were dealt a grievous blow last month, scouts believe that their ability to do any kind of coordinated attacks has been crippled. A lot of the concern regarding banditry is diminished and concerted efforts to keep them at bay are no longer necessary. However, some are concerned about those that may seek to keep the discussed cache buried. Armed patrols could continue to make the place safer if warriors feel the need to maintain an armed presence. A heightened level of security could passively impact other encounters this month.
4) CONTINUE LORE CACHE EFFORTS: After months of considerable focus and resounding success on recovery efforts and deterring/fighting banditry, Clan Ironmound leadership has agreed put together teams to go out and study the uncovered Lorespeaker cache. These are all supervised by Ironmound skalds and Daughters of Gaia and priority is granted to those that approached leadership over the last 2 months. The larger the effort to coordinate research teams to study the Lorespeaker cache, the greater the chance of successful information being unveiled.
The deadline for this involvement is Wednesday, October 21st.
Players who assist their involvement with the encounter with Resources or Organization actions will make a significantly larger impact on their PCs involvement; whether that be more impactful or more profitable.
At the end of the month, we will release a story narrative detailing out how the story progresses.