February '21 - Membership &Virtual Event Info Feb 11, 2021 9:52:02 GMT -5
Post by Jopper13 on Feb 11, 2021 9:52:02 GMT -5
== IMPORTANT UPDATE ==
Due to the state of the COVID-19 situation, we are not having an in-person LARP event and instead we will be doing a virtual encounter.
== DATE & TIME ==
Tuesday, February 16th
- Resources & Organization Action Deadlines
- PC/NPC Involvement Deadline (See below)
== MEMBERSHIP INFO==
***Due to the event itself being cancelled, all players who sign up for a Basic, Standard, or Premium memberships will automatically be awarded the +2 bonus attendance exp.
MEMBERSHIP UPDATES AND EXP BOOSTS
Due to the Covid-19 situation, we have decided to do the following:
1) Continue offering CLOUT as a special Perk option that is available to everyone as one of the membership perks.
2) Expand on the +2 bonus Attendance exp for Standard and Premium memberships to reflect on the events that would have had multiple days (on top of the base exp offered by each membership).
3) Add a “tiered exp bonus” based on the chosen membership of the month. Basic will give another +1, Standard +2, and Premium a +3 bonus. This is IN ADDITION to the Exp awarded by the membership AND the bonus attendance exp we are offering.
For example, in February:
-Basic membership will award 6 exp (3 base + 2 attendance + 1 tier bonus)
-Standard will award 7 exp (3 base + 2 attendance + 2 tier bonus)
-Premium will award 11 exp (6 base + 2 attendance + 3 tier bonus)
Click here to pay for your membership services for February!
Click here to sign-up for the Optional FebruaryPC/NPC Virtual Event Encounters!
*NOTE: Signing up a PC to get involved in one of the encounters available DOES require a membership to do so:
- Basic allows involvement as an NPC role/group as dictated by what is currently going on in the story
- Standard allows 1 PC to focus on 1 option (or NPC option, as above)
- Premium allows up to 2 PCs to focus on 2 options (different or the same, or NPC option, as above).
To clarify, you may focus on 2 options. Either with 1 PC taking both option slots, or 2 PCs splitting the options slots
== STORY INFO & SPECIAL MECHANICS ==
The bitter cold of winter settles into the continent, drastically slowing down construction projects and travel. Many people enjoyed a relatively mild winter, but that changes quickly as a terrible freeze rushes across the land. Despite this, life goes on. Whether it be huddling in the hearth of a longhouse waiting for the thaw of spring to come or to continue in business dealings in preparation for the coming year. The bustle of activity in City-State territory has been impressive, continuing to solidify the foundation of Newhope as a major presence on Mardrun.
The Looming Winter: Part 3 (Finale)
The territory of the City-State of Newhope has seen considerable growth. New roads were cleared, new construction projects began, and new alliances formed. Last month the scuttlebutt was all about the Arnathian March and how the City of Starkhaven was being reformed. Merchants moved a number of goods to and from settlements. Reports of banditry were relatively low due to the constant patrols of soldiers and armed escorts being assigned to caravans. The momentum slows considerably at the beginning of this month as the frigid cold settles in. This month is in stark contrast to the bustle of activity of the last two months. Still, the city proper of Newhope continues to be a hub of activity even as outlying settlements hunker down to wait out the rest of winter. The shift of attention is drastically different, as the focus this month is that of a social and political nature. Unofficially the "month of rubbing elbows", this month will see Newhope be the host of a week of feasts, general assemblies, and a prestigious gala reserved for those with titles of prestige or peerage, a coveted invitation, or a cunning plan to find a way to attend. Representatives from some of the Clans will be in attendance, surely being an opportunity to mingle with important figureheads of Ulven society. The Prince of New Aldoria has promised to send representation, no doubt to work deals and snoop on the City-State officials. For those looking to raise awareness of a situation, find support in a cause, or climb the political ranks of the continent, this week-long event is sure to be an important gathering.
Life Doesn’t Stop: Part 3 (Finale)
Last month, the quiet of guard rotation was ended early as Mordok attacks rose in frequency and outposts were targets of sadistic Mordok leaders. Warriors did their duty and held the line but there was a considerable challenge in keeping control of the areas around the outposts and keeping the routes clear for supply caravans. What official reports don't fully describe, the rumors circulating fill out grisly details. Several rounds of butchery and pitched fighting with the Mordok has been experienced all along The Shield. One outpost is almost completely overrun as warriors deployed were shifted in anticipation of an attack. A story grips the defenders as hard as the incoming hard freeze; Mordok mutilated and maimed a group of warriors in an outpost, carrying off with their severed hands into the dark swamp beyond. Things quiet down near the end of the month but a terrible cold sweeps into the area. Supply sheds of dry wood are taxed as campfires need constant attention lest the defenders freeze. Healers report frostbite on several occasions and conditions are fairly miserable. As if to taunt the defenders of The Shield, a sizable Mordok force has been seen moving between the outposts. They attack, fierce and brutal, yet they fall back quickly as if to hit-and-run before casualties mount too high on either side. A story surrounding these attacks is that an enormous brute of a Mordok seems to lead them; one who steps forward alone to the ramparts of the outpost and roars at the defenders before the imminent attack. One time at an outpost when this Mordok stepped forth and bellowed it was met in response by the battle cry of an Ulven defender. With several missing fingers due to frostbite, this Ulven warrior stepped outside to challenge this Mordok and chose a warrior's death rather than waste away in the outpost. The fight was over quick; the Ulven butchered and bright red blood splashed across the snow. However, after the "duel" the Mordok brute and his followers simply moved on. No attack descended upon the outpost. Rumor has it that the Ulven Chieftains and leaders on The Shield think this to be an Alpha Mordok, one of their powerful leaders, who has apparently taken to issuing challenges to defenders on The Shield. An unmet challenge leads to a brutal, if brief, fight with the Mordok war-band. Whispers move through the defenders on whether future encounters with this Mordok will be met with accepted challenges. Between the unknown of suddenly seeing a massive Mordok group descending on an outpost or the bitter cold threatening the lives and extremities of the defenders, this month is sure to be a difficult one for anyone stationed to the north.
= MEMBERSHIP VIRTUAL ENCOUNTER SPECIAL MECHANICS =
1) Optional PC/NPC Involvement Encounter and Deadline
Players this month have some options to get involved in the current storyline if they so choose. This DOES require Standard or Premium memberships for PCs to be involved; Basic memberships allow an NPC involvement.
A Basic membership allows a player to be involved as an NPC group as dictated by the story surrounding the event. This will not have a tremendous impact but is still a great way to be involved!
A Standard membership allows a player to involve ONE PC/NPC in ONE option.
A Premium membership allows a player to involve ONE PC/NPC in TWO options, ONE PC/NPC in ONE option twice for a boost, -OR- TWO PCs/NPCs in up to TWO options total.
You simply sign up via the link above and detail out which PCs are involved and what their "focus" is.
The options available are:
1) THE LOOMING WINTER Part #3 (Finale) (City-State Life/Expansion): After considerable effort is put into various projects and construction, this month's focus shifts drastically towards a social/political affair. The more player involvement in this encounter, the larger the return and impact to this angle of the story.
2) LIFE DOESN'T STOP Part #3 (Finale) (Shield of Mardrun Defense): After a solid defense is maintained on The Shield, defenders must contend with a new Mordok threat and the bitter cold of winter. The more player involvement in this encounter, the larger the return and impact to this angle of the story.
3) PLAYER DRIVEN/FOCUSED CHOICE: This optional encounter is available for players to focus on something other than the provided story encounters. Examples could be continuing a previous option (like looking into the Wolf Priest more), focusing on using trades solely to make money, organizing a surgery for a maimed character, or focusing on another personal story to a PC or group not involved in this month's encounters. To clarify; if making money for your PC is your primary goal, choosing this encounter is the best option. Please ask for help/clarification before choosing this option.
These stories will carry over month to month and will evolve, expand, or drop off based on player involvement.
The deadline for this involvement is Tuesday, February 16th.
Players who assist their involvement with the encounter with Resources or Organization actions will make a significantly larger impact on their PCs involvement; whether that be more impactful or more profitable.
At the end of the month, we will release a story narrative detailing out how the story progresses.