December '20 - Membership & Virtual Event Info Dec 8, 2020 11:30:05 GMT -5
Post by Jopper13 on Dec 8, 2020 11:30:05 GMT -5
== IMPORTANT UPDATE ==
Due to the state of the COVID-19 situation, we have cancelled the December LARP event.
Instead, we are doing some online options for player involvement with their PCs based on current storyline.
== DATE & TIME ==
Tuesday, December 15th
- Resources & Organization Action Deadlines
- PC/NPC Involvement Deadline (See below)
== MEMBERSHIP INFO==
***Due to the event itself being cancelled, all players who sign up for a Basic, Standard, or Premium memberships will automatically be awarded the +2 bonus attendance exp.
MEMBERSHIP UPDATES AND EXP BOOSTS
Due to the Covid-19 situation, we have decided to do the following:
1) Continue offering CLOUT as a special Perk option that is available to everyone as one of the membership perks.
2) Expand on the +2 bonus Attendance exp for Standard and Premium memberships to reflect on the events that would have had multiple days (on top of the base exp offered by each membership).
3) Add a “tiered exp bonus” based on the chosen membership of the month. Basic will give another +1, Standard +2, and Premium a +3 bonus. This is IN ADDITION to the Exp awarded by the membership AND the bonus attendance exp we are offering.
For example, in December:
-Basic membership will award 6 exp (3 base + 2 attendance + 1 tier bonus)
-Standard will award 7 exp (3 base + 2 attendance + 2 tier bonus)
-Premium will award 11 exp (6 base + 2 attendance + 3 tier bonus)
Click here to pay for your membership services for December!
Click here to sign-up for the Optional December PC/NPC Virtual Event Encounters!
*NOTE: Signing up a PC to get involved in one of the encounters available DOES require a membership to do so:
- Basic allows involvement as an NPC role/group as dictated by what is currently going on in the story
- Standard allows 1 PC to focus on 1 option (or NPC option, as above)
- Premium allows up to 2 PCs to focus on 2 options (different or the same, or NPC option, as above).
To clarify, you may focus on 2 options. Either with 1 PC taking both option slots, or 2 PCs splitting the options slots
== STORY INFO & SPECIAL MECHANICS ==
With Clan Ironmound considerably ahead of schedule based on the combined efforts of many over the fall, the people of Mardrun have begun to turn their focus to the fast approaching winter. The last bit of crops and harvests are being tended to and the winter snow is fast approaching. Without a calamity bringing people together or a concentrated mordok attack to the north, attention drifts to day to day life and what needs to be done before winter. There are several opportunities for people to listen to the news that couriers bring to the various settlements and choose a story or two to pursue.
Howls On The Horizon: Part 1
Rumors have spread and grown surprisingly fast about a man who is travelling through Ulven lands, who calls himself “The Wolf Priest”. Telling his story of near death and is now suggesting a new rhetoric to many long held Ulven religious views. Some rumors claim he is picking at old wounds and claiming the Lorespeakers have misled the Ulven people about their gods. While some seem to embrace the idea of more focus on The Great Wolf, others worry that this new rhetoric may bring a doom upon the Ulven people by angering Gaia and the Great Wolf. With little hard facts to go on many wonder if this “Wolf Priest” is worth a second glance or simply a scared man fighting to have his name heard.
One thing is certain; wherever the Wolf Priest travels, tensions mount between various Ulven people.
The Looming Winter: Part 1
Across the continent, calls are being made by various Colonies and settlements about the need for resources and supplies to prepare for the coming winter. One of the most noticeable calls for work are the various settlements of the City-State of Newhope. This presents a chance to ply one's craft, to trade goods for silver, or barter. There is demand for tradespeople to work and earn silver or to assist those less fortunate than themselves. Workers assigned to expansion projects or stationed at settlements can find various work to be productive, helping stabilize or even expand on the viability of City-State territories. Although no songs will be sung about the inglorious work, there is opportunity nonetheless… and lips often loosen at night, allowing rumors to flow as much as ale in the taverns host to travelers from all walks of life.
Life Doesn’t Stop: Part 1
From the North, a call comes down; many of the Warpacks have been stationed at The Shield for a considerable amount of time and help is requested. With winter approaching many warriors would like to return home to help their families prepare for winter and others would like to simply return to their lives. However, replacements are needed lest the Mordok find a gap in the line so hard fought to be held. Resources and warriors are needed to support this endeavor. If no support comes, morale could falter and The Shield could become vulnerable to attack. While the Shield of Mardrun is one of the greatest cooperative feats in the history of Mardrun, it requires attenton, supplies, and logistical support to succeed. After the recent attacks in the fall, and the subsequent destruction that followed, many are fearful of what could happen.
Adventurers looking to make a name for themselves, do their part in guard duty against the swamp, or sit shoulder to shoulder with veteran warrior's swapping stories around a campfire could benefit from their service here.
= MEMBERSHIP VIRTUAL ENCOUNTER SPECIAL MECHANICS =
1) Optional PC/NPC Involvement Encounter and Deadline
Players this month have some options to get involved in the current story line if they so choose. This DOES require Standard or Premium memberships for PCs to be involved; Basic memberships allow an NPC involvement.
A Basic membership allows a player to be involved as an NPC group as dictated by the story surrounding the event. This will not have a tremendous impact but is still a great way to be involved!
A Standard membership allows a player to involve ONE PC/NPC in ONE option.
A Premium membership allows a player to involve ONE PC/NPC in TWO options, ONE PC/NPC in ONE option twice for a boost, -OR- TWO PCs/NPCs in up to TWO options total.
You simply sign up via the link above and detail out which PCs are involved and what their "focus" is.
The options available are:
1) HOWLS ON THE HORIZON Part #1 (Ulven Social/Culture): This encounter focuses on the new Wolf Priest and exploring information regarding his tales and the impact it is having on the Ulven people. The more player involvement in this encounter, the larger the return and impact to this angle of the story.
2) THE LOOMING WINTER Part #1 (City-State Life/Expansion): As the City-State of Newhope territories prepare for winter, there is still plenty of work to be done and rumors to be learned. The more player involvement in this encounter, the larger the return and impact to this angle of the story.
3) LIFE DOESN'T STOP Part #1 (Shield of Mardrun Defense): Chieftains in the Shield of Mardrun to the north are requesting help in rotating warriors home or giving warpacks a break from their guard duties while ensuring the defensive line of the Shield is maintained. The more player involvement in this encounter, the larger the return and impact to this angle of the story.
4) PLAYER DRIVEN/FOCUSED CHOICE: This optional encounter is available for players to focus on something other than the provided story encounters. Examples could be focusing on using trades solely to make money, organizing a surgery for a maimed character, or focusing on another personal story to a PC or group not involved in this month's encounters. Please ask for help/clarification before choosing this option.
These stories will carry over month to month and will evolve, expand, or drop off based on player involvement.
The deadline for this involvement is Tuesday, December 15th.
Players who assist their involvement with the encounter with Resources or Organization actions will make a significantly larger impact on their PCs involvement; whether that be more impactful or more profitable.
At the end of the month, we will release a story narrative detailing out how the story progresses.